Re: enterprise manager

From: Burkhard Schneider <schneider_burkhard_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:50:02 +0200

hello brian,

to use the internal login for getting into the enterprise manager is not a good idea. the first time you start enterprise manager you get a message about that a repository must be created, so the user internal, who is really an internal user for special purposes, not being displayed on the Security Manager, doesnt have a default tablespace and a temp tablespace.
also, it is not good to use the system user for use with enterprise manager.
what i do is to create a user like oem_system with an own tablespace (20M) and an own temp tablespace (8M) and i give him the DBA role. login with this newly create duser and you will get into the OEM. inside there you need to describe the connection to the databse, i prefer using the manually define services, so that i dont need to use the oracle agent process. but it is up to you how to set up this. hope you will find the way into there.
best regards

burkhard schneider