DATE (time) problem

From: <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:23:47 GMT

Hi

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a form (built using D2K r2.1) that is used to enter records into [Quoted] a base table which has a DATE column. In my form, I have a WHEN-CREATE- [Quoted] RECORD trigger which has this code:

[Quoted] :BASE_TABLE.TRX_TIME := TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS
AM'), 'DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS AM'); [Quoted] When a new record is created the date that appears is correct but the [Quoted] time is 'XX-XXX-XXXX 12:00:00 AM'. I thought it should be the "current" [Quoted] time because of the trigger above. Why is that? I have also tried the statement below but still the same result.

:BASE_TABLE.TRX_TIME := SYSDATE;
I also have a format mask for that date/time column: 'FMFXDD-MON-YYYY [Quoted] HH:MI:SS AM'. I dont think that this format mask is causing the problem.

Regards
Daud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 05:23:47 CEST

Original text of this message