Record is being updated by another user (oh no it isn't!!)

From: Delphis Group Limited <richard.fairbarin_at_delphis-group.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:53:35 +0100

[Quoted] I am developing a form at the moment and am receiving this message frequently. I wonder if anyone could tell me why it might be happening. I know there isn't another user updating the record and that forms is not seeing something (and I am not seeing something) but I need to know why it happens. I am performing some updates and inserts after the commit_form (but not part of the post_forms_commit trigger) as it is necessary for several tables to be updated when changes are complete to the form's underlying table.
I would appreciate help with this one.
Thanks in advance.
R.W. Fairbairn
--