Lock record using cursor in Form, what time will the locks release?

From: Phil <hk_plau_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:21:13 +0800

Hi,

[Quoted] I am using Form 5.0. When I update a record, some rows in table A also need to update. So I am think using cursor in the pre-update trigger to lock the the rows in table A and update the rows in table A in post-update trigger.

/* Pre-update trigger */
declare

   cursor c1 is select '*' from A where code=:company.code for update nowait;
begin

   open c1;
   /* NO close c1 statement */
end;

I am wondering what time the records in table A locked by cursor c1 be released? Received on Tue Sep 14 1999 - 04:21:13 CEST

Original text of this message