Re: Is is possible to tune this SQL statement?

From: <rravi76_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:04:37 GMT

Hi!!

Since creating an index is not possible in Views directly and so Oracle has to do a full table scan.Use optimeiser hints for Optimiser mode All Rows which will increase ur Execution Speed Ravi

In article <37DCA692.58BA28C0_at_eexi.gr>,   kkons_at_intrasoft.gr wrote:
> You can't build an index on a view.
> Try to change your query without using the "DISTINCT" clause.
>
> Jimmy wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I create a view AAA joining 5 tables and the resulting rows is over
> > 50000. I am doing query on AAA with the following SQL statements:
> >
> > select distinct(field) from AAA where condition...
> >
> > (View AAA has 50 columns, only the column with varchar2 data type is
> > retrieved)
> > The condition part is different each time. Is there any way to
> > improve the above query time? If the fields to retrieve is only on two
> > or three columns (each time one field is retrieved but the condition
> > part is again different each time), can I built index on these columns
> > (i.e. can I built index on view column)? Or is there other ways can
> > improve the query time?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jimmy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 11:04:37 CEST

Original text of this message