Re: WEBDB Site builder problem

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 02:38:26 GMT

John,

Don't worry about the errors you're seeing during the SiteBuilder creation. The tables that are attempting to be created (wwv_ctx_filt_table, wwv_ctx_gist, etc.) are used for the interMedia Text support in SiteBuilder. This would enable a user to upload a file and have interMedia Text automatically index the contents of it. The Search functionality within SiteBuilder would then actually perform a full-text search across all documents uploaded into the site.

SiteBuilder support for interMedia Text is only supported with Oracle8i 8.1.5 and higher. So you can simply ignore these errors.

With respect to UTL_HTTP, this is a package that is part of the database and not a part of WebDB. Look in your %ORACLE_HOME%\RDBMS\ADMIN directory for a file called UTLHTTP.SQL. Run this script in Server Manager as the SYS user.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:26:03 GMT, johng_at_mm.com (TurkBear) wrote:

>Hi folks, this is a frustrating problem (s):
>
>System stuff :
>WEBDB installed on Netware4.11 Oracle v 7.3.4.0.1
>Listener running on Linux RedHat 5.2
>OAS_PUBLIC ( Pl/Sql utilities) installed in the Netware Oracle database ( same
>as WEBDB and it was installed first per docs)
>
>The Problem....
>
>The WEBDB admin stuff seems to work ok, but when I build a site ( Using the
>TUTORIAL instructions ) there are errors reported early in the build process:
>
>3 are in create table statements and the errors are identical :
>
>create table www_ctx_filt_table (
>wwv_parse.parse_as_user(idx): WWV-08301 Failed to parse(V7) as TUTORIAL -
>wwv_parse.parse_as_user(idx): ORA-00902: Invalid datatype
>ORA-06550: line 2, column 14:
>PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
>This same error occurs on create table wwv_ctx_mark_table and create table
>wwv_ctx_gist
>
>a 4th error then occurs when it attempts to build an index on wwv_ctx_gist (
>since the table does not exist...
>
>Where is the code that creates these tables ( perhaps I can edit it ) -
>Are these tables critical to the site building process?
>
>I also notice that the package body TUTORIAL.WWV_DOCOPS is invalid, due to the
>following line
>v_response:=utl_http.request(v_url);
>It cannot find utl_http ( Neither can I )..
>
>Ther are several other problems I am encountering, but I want to try to resolve
>these first, in case the are at the root of the others ( failure to display the
>'OWNED FOLDERS' entry as detailed in the Tutorial docs, failure to add Items to
>the folder, etc...)
>
>I realize this is a long request, but since this is an evaluation copy, Oracle
>support is of little help....( even tho I have Silver support for my other
>tools)
>
>Thanks in advance for any ideas, hints, condolences, etc...
>
>John Greco

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
>------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sat Sep 11 1999 - 04:38:26 CEST

Original text of this message