Oracle Search Engines

From: <dmccarty_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:07:35 GMT

I am a developer at an Internet E-comm site. We currently are using Oracle 8.0.5 on RH Linux. We are trying to find an efficient way for consumers to search a large amount of product listings (in a flexible manner AND OR NOT etc.) We have been looking at the Context cartrige for Oracle and have written a few things using Soundex, and Like searches.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with third party db search products or of a way to develop an efficient package in PERL, etc. that might do the job.

Thanks !!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 20:07:35 CEST

Original text of this message