Re: Reports Question

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:09:51 GMT

Peter,
Have you tried using a placeholder column and then having your format trigger update the placeholder column. For example, maybe you could put the total into the placeholder, then have the format trigger subtract whenever data is rejected. At the end of the data retrieval the placeholder would be the actual value.

Another possibility, can you place the filtering into the SQL statement so that only the total final rows would actually be returned into Reports. I had a report which needed complicated control, so I had Forms prepare the query the way I wanted it, and placed it in a text file to which the report query object pointed. The result was that I could easily have 3 or 4 different kinds of flexibility or sort order, etc. by controlling the entire SQL query (within certain boundaries).

Good Luck,
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
RTProffitt AT beckman DOT com
714-993-8426

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 20:09:51 CEST

Original text of this message