Re: MS Access views to Oracle

From: <dmccarty_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:01:23 GMT

You should be able to create a linked table between the Oracle database and the Access db.

At that point you can perform operations just as you would normally (append queries, update etc.) You just need to set up a Net 8 connection as well as the ODBC link.

Hope that helps.

In article <7r51gv$tc0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tsalzsie_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Just a short question. How do I migrate MS
Access views to Oracle views.
> I tried to reeningeer it via Oracle Designer,
migration wizard
> Access->Oracle - both without success.
>
> Any hints and ideas are greatly appreciated,
>
> Timo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Sep 10 1999 - 20:01:23 CEST

Original text of this message