Conversion from VB4 to VB6 (Speed Problems)

From: Steve Bosman <SteveBosman_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:28:08 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I have an application used for downloading data from an oracle database using oracle objects for OLE to an access database. I've finally been allowed to investigate converting this application from VB4 to VB6 and at first everything seemed to be going well, it compiles and runs, but despite compiling in VB6 as a standard exe (rather than P-code) the application is slightly slower then the VB4 version. Considering the [Quoted] major complaint from users is over transfer times this is NOT a good thing.
The program is fairly large and so I was wondering if anyone could point me to a good reference to possible conversion problems with oracle objects.
Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 16:28:08 CEST

Original text of this message