Application Server Problem

From: Michael King <wideangle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:18:04 GMT

[Quoted] I'm just beginning to work with the OAS 4, and have completed the installation on an NT Server. I'm on Oracle 8 and OAS 4.

Following the install I believe the next step is to log on to the admin user [Quoted] and start the whole process up. When I try to start the web site here's the [Quoted] message I get...

  • Please wait while the command is being processed on host wasserver ... [Quoted]
  • Starting ORB processes... [Quoted]
  • Returning filename D:\orant\orb\admin\.event
  • waiting for ORB to be ready...
  • ORB is not responding. Please restart manually... [Quoted]
  • OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb processes can not be started.

[Quoted] I can't seem to get past this first hurdle - anyone seen this before. I'll [Quoted] [Quoted] bet it's something very simple that the documentation fails to mention.

Mike King
wideangle_at_sympatico.ca Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 23:18:04 CEST

Original text of this message