Re: PL/SQL and SQL Plus

From: <finana_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 18:29:25 GMT

Thanks for your quick response ... let me clarify what I'm trying to do. My ultimate goal is to dynamically load data into various tables using SQL Loader through a stored procedure. I've managed to initiate SQL Loader through SQL Plus and have loaded a table successfully. Now I'm writing the stored procedure in PL/SQL and am trying to use the same SQL Plus command to launch SQL Loader but I run into errors. Can my stored procedure launch SQL Loader? Hope I better explained what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

In article <7r3ard$l8e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Did you really mean "trying to execute SQL/Plus from
> PL/SQL"? or did you mean "... PL/SQL from SQL/PLus...".
>
> In the first case, you can't, since SQL/Plus is a front
> end for PL/SQL (unless of course you are inside Forms
> which has commands for execute HOST commands..in which
> case you could "launch" SQL/Plus).
>
> In the second case, are you using the "DECLARE" statement
> to build your PL/SQL in SQL/Plus?...remember the SQL/Plus
> commands won't work inside the PL/SQL block, but only at
> the command line of SQL/Plus.
>
> Robert Proffitt
>
> In article <7r35na$h10$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> finana_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I'm having difficulties executing SQL Plus from PL/SQL. Any
> > suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 20:29:25 CEST

Original text of this message