Forms 4.5: Updating multiple rows after changing a flag.

From: Jeff Brouchard, Zenith Publishing Projects <jefferson.brouchard_at_tesco.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:49:26 +0100

I am continuing the work of a colleague who has set up a table of records that can have multiple batch numbers. There is no master record holding the batch header - each record in the details table holds the batch number and the batch status!

I am trying to hold this batch in a state of 'PENDING' or 'COMPLETE' using Forms 4.5. I have no problem with the Pending part but am not sure how to set the status flag for every row from P (pending) to C (complete) whenever the user clicks the button to say that the batch is now complete (I.e., it has no more records to go into it.

I have just tried a post-forms-commit trigger that seems to perform this action but then I had to leave the office to head for home. If anyone can improve on this or would like to discuss it with me further, please drop me a line and let me know your ideas.

I will be very grateful for any suggestions or advice!

Thanks

J. Brouchard Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 19:49:26 CEST

Original text of this message