RUN_REPORT_OBJECT and Web Enabled Forms

From: Yar <yarsegal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:45:23 GMT

I have the following question. Can I send a request to run a report on the reports server through RUN_REPORT_OBJECT from a web enabled form? When a form is running in the client-server mode, everything is fine; however, when that same form is running on the web (as a java applet), the form freezes every time I try to use the RUN_REPORT_OBJECT builtin.  No report is executed, and I have to restart the browser. Is there something I am missing, or maybe it's just that RUN_REPORT_OBJECT cannot be used on the web?

Some other web-related issues. All magic items disappear from the menu when a form is running on the web??? I can no longer use functions supplied in D2KWUTIL (I understand that they are all Windows-specific, but our web server is running on Windows NT, and all clients are Windows machines, as well, so...) Another important issue is accessing a client's hard drive from a web-enabled form. Is there a way I can read from and write to a local file because all calls to the TEXT_IO functions are accessing the server's hard drive?

I will appreciate any ideas you can come up with.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Sep 07 1999 - 17:45:23 CEST

Original text of this message