Oracle 8 on Solaris question

From: Bob <meyer_b_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 01:23:14 GMT

Help!!

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm being pressed into temporary duty as an Oralce DBA on a Solaris [Quoted] system. My DBA skills are limited, and I've never used Oracle on a UNIX [Quoted] system at all.

[Quoted] I'm going to need to add a parm to the oracle init file (UTL_FILE_DIR [Quoted] =). Can someone please answer a few questions for me?

First, what's the name of the init file under Solaris?

[Quoted] Second, in what subdirectory am I likely to find it?

[Quoted] Finally, how do I go about stoping and restarting the Oracle instance to make it re-read the init file?

[Quoted] Thanks much,

Bob

--
Bob M.

Step outside.  The graphics are AMAZING!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/