Client + ODBC

From: roman <roman_at_donmz.donetsk.ua>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 16:53:06 +0300

    Dear Sirs!

Would you be so kind to consult us about the connection between client program written in Microsoft Access v. 7.0 or Visual FoxPro v. 5.0 and database server ORACLE v. 7.2.3.0.0. We use 16-bits client part of ORACLE (we haven't got 32-bits version) and ODBC drivers. We have to use 16-bits ODBC drivers, however, the sources created in it are not available in such 32-bits applications as Microsoft Access v. 7.0. or Visual FoxPro v. 5.0.

Will you, please, consult on the questions of the usage of 16-bits ORACLE client and 16-bits ODBC drivers in 32-bits applications? Inform us, please, where it's possible to acquire 32-bits ORACLE client. Are there any alternative connection types between client and ORACLE database, without ODBC usage.

Best regards,
Computer Department Manager of Donetsk Iron and Steel Works Kostyrko V.S. Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 15:53:06 CEST

Original text of this message