Re: OAS 4.0.7/Oracle 8i/Sol 2.7 connectivity problems

From: bowo <bowo_at_infoasia.net.id>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 17:14:54 +0700

Hi Henry,

Thanks a lot for fast response. Now I got another story. I added patches from SUN i beleive all patches available. And now after installation (after oasroot.sh) i got no error message like it was (bus error). When i started owsctl start -nodemgr & ok, but when I did owsctl start &, take so much time for wait orb to be ready... very very long so I decided to restart the server.

Do I need to add something for this OS ?

System = SunOS
Node = sun
Release = 5.7
KernelID = Generic_106541-04
Machine = sun4u
BusType = <unknown>
Serial = <unknown>
Users = <unknown>
OEM# = 0
Origin# = 1
NumCPU = 1

I have reinstalled the oas after i added solaris patches.

Thanks,
Bowo

oracle web user wrote:

> [...]
> done with either the SID or the connect string. As the SID input text
> box comes up with
> a %s in it and none of the other boxes do I suspect there is something
> broken with the
> form and bad data is passed to the underlying cgi which prevents it
> from installing the
> toolkit. Incidentally the 3 other installs worked, (logger, log
> analyzer, db browser).
>
> However, all is not lost. Examining the html we see that the boot
> binary is the cgi. This
> executable lives in OAS/ows/4.0/admin/cgi and has a help option (-h).
> Once you see this
> you can easily manually run it and install the PLSQL toolkit:
>
> ./boot -remote PLSQL_RUNTIME 8i_home myconnectstring sys mypwd mypwd
>
>> I have a strange problem on OAS 4.0.7. First I installed OAS on
>> Ultra 1,
>> solaris 7.0 everything works fine except I cannot installed java
>> sample. I
>
> I haven't gotten there yet but if you send me your results/errors I
> might be able
> to get beyond this as I did above.
>
>> beleive this is due to lact of RAM, I only have 320MRAM. I installed
>> oracle
>> 8i as well on the same machine. OAS can connect to database with
>> connect
>> string.
>>
>> When I changed the machine into Ultra 5 Solaris 7, installasion
>> oracle 8i
>> works fine but OAS at the end I got bus error on unix prompt ? What
>> exactly
>
> This is not clear. Are you saying the shell you were using gives you a
> bus error
> on every command you enter or that the OAS installation which should
> have
> ended in root.sh being run blew up with a bus error?
>
>> the problem ?? I have installed on OFA based file system, different
>> user and
>> home directory between oracle8i and oas so there is no mixing
>> directory,
>> both are totally seperate.
>
> Didn't do OFA for either.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry Katz
> ISCS, Inc
> hkatz_at_iscs-i.com
>
> Waco '93 = Tiananmen '89
>

>> > Is OAS 4.0.7 supported on 8i? I am unable to get connectivity from
>> OAS
>> > 4.0.7 to 8i using any connect string that
>> > works for me with sqlplus on 8i. My installation consists of 2
>> separate
>> > non-OFA trees using different user ids
>> > both belonging to dba. I can construct a DAD using the ORACLE_SID
>> but
>> > not using my connect string.
>> > I've tried setting TNS_ADMIN to point to the admin directory of
>> the 8i
>> > tree but this doesn't work unless
>> > I point ORACLE_HOME to 8i as well and not to OAS 4.0.7. I am thus

--------------1D4A8239E1CBCCD493B3595B

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
Hi Henry,

Hi Bowo,
I haven't gotten there yet but if you send me your results/errors I might be able
8i
This is not clear. Are you saying the shell you were using gives you a bus error
OAS
but

--------------1D4A8239E1CBCCD493B3595B-- Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 12:14:54 CEST

Original text of this message