Re: Oracle 6.0 Conversion?

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 02:19:34 +0100

Kev <kev_at_kbr1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:7qua8a$klk$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> If anyone can help they will be rewarded! I need an Oracle 6.0 database
> converting either into MS Access format or into text format so the info
can
> be manipulated into Access. The original administrators are unwilling to
> help because they no longer work here. I have managed to convert some info
> into text, but to be honest it was by sheer luck and cunning that I
managed
> to do so. Any help WILL be rewarded£££££'s. Please mail me as this is now
> time critical operation.Cheers Kev.
> Kev_at_kbr1.freeserve.co.uk

To get data out of Oracle and into Access, it should be possible to use ODBC drivers. Failing this, try the following (for a table, named FRED) (assuming a Windows Client)

Log into SQL*Plus
type the following:

SPOOL C:\fred.txt
select * from fred;
SPOOL OFF This will create a text copy of the FRED table as text, which you can then load into Access. You may need to manipulate various SQL settings such as linesize and pagelength in order to get the format you want, This is the method that most people seem to use to get text data out of Oracle.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 03:19:34 CEST

Original text of this message