SQL*Net Question

From: Andrew Melikov <amelikov_at_cami.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:38:34 -0400

Hi All,

I am writing a network forwarder that supposed to enable access to oracle server from one net to another.

Looks like simple packets forwarding addressed to port 1521 doesn't do the job.

Does anyone know what ports SQLnet uses to communicate? In my case -- a box is listening on 1521 port. The connection request comes in -- it opens another socket to 1521 on a real (the target) machine and begins crossforwading.

Now, I open up SQL*plus and at the same time monitoring the forwarder -- connection happens (for a few seconds) and then the server drops it (closes the port) and SQL*Plus displays an error (connection was unexpectedly lost).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Andrew Melikov
amelikov_at_cami.com Received on Mon Sep 06 1999 - 06:38:34 CEST

Original text of this message