Re: OAS 4.0.7/Oracle 8i/Sol 2.7 connectivity problems

From: bowo <bowo_at_asaba.co.id>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 11:51:34 +0700

[Quoted] Hi Henry,

How you managed installing OAS 4.0.7 ?
I have a strange problem on OAS 4.0.7. First I installed OAS on Ultra 1, solaris 7.0 everything works fine except I cannot installed java sample. I beleive this is due to lact of RAM, I only have 320MRAM. I installed oracle 8i as well on the same machine. OAS can connect to database with connect string.

When I changed the machine into Ultra 5 Solaris 7, installasion oracle 8i works fine but OAS at the end I got bus error on unix prompt ? What exactly the problem ?? I have installed on OFA based file system, different user and home directory between oracle8i and oas so there is no mixing directory, both are totally seperate.

Please if anyone knows the reason, cc to my email account as well .

Thanks,
Bowo
bowo_at_asaba.co.id