Re: HELP : ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error

From: Yar <yarsegal_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 21:25:47 GMT

The problem might be with the datatype of your variables which you use to fetch the data into. For example:

declare
  name varchar2(30);
begin
  select ename
  into name
  from emp
  where rownum = 1;
end;

Here, if your ename from the table is bigger than 30 characters, you would get that ORA-06502 error. Hope this will help.

Yar

> Hello,
>
> I am using Oracle8i.
> When I use PL/SQL, a error occured : ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or
value
> error
> I don't know what's wrong with my query. And I tried to run the query
in
> SQLPLUS,
> it can run successfully. But failed in PL/SQL program.
> Would you please to tell me what's the problem if I met this error ?
>
> Best regards,
> Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Sep 04 1999 - 23:25:47 CEST

Original text of this message