Reports 6.0 - I am tired!

From: Nandakumar <N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 16:58:11 GMT

hi

can someone clarify certain things about Reports 6.0?

To my understanding, a report template can only define the FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES, in various styles like Default, Form Like etc.

  Color (for forground and background), font, font size attributes associated with DATA_FIELDS and of three data types -DATE, CHAR, NUMBER and textual BOILER_PLATES.

  Positional Relationships between the fields and boilerplates and frames of different sort.

Can we do (define) any other attribute in the REPORT TEMPLATES?

Because, i would like to define the attributes like Maximum size of the fields, type of expansion associated with fields etc. I get a feeling these should be possible here with the templates. I could see that when i change a template to a report the type of expansion changes to fields
(field boxes appear in different lengths from the previous look). This
is just not possible if the REPORT ONLY stores the type of expansion attribute as in this case the report is same before and after the template was changed.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to set the type of expansion attribute to fields, within a template!

One more thing!

my report is having two parts in MAIN SECTION. First part contains a title and the parameters passed from the PARAMETER FORM and the second part contains the query result.

When there is no result (no data) for the query, the SUMMARY COLUMN appears on top of the first part. I LITERALLY TRIED ALL THAT I COULD TO AVOID THIS OVERLAP. But whenever i use the REPORT WIZARD on this report
(for any required change) and APPLY, the OVERLAP reccurs. Any help??

Thanks
& Regards

--
Nandakumar