Re: LOV for a parameter

From: (wrong string) écio <mbf_at_uniconsult.com.br>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 15:58:15 GMT

Hi Helen,

I suppose you're talking about Reports, isn't it? There is no straightforward way to relate to parameters. I, myself, prefer to build a Form interface, validate the itens one by one, or as possible, and then construct a parameter list and call the report using RUN_PRODUCT.

Besides the parameters for your query, add PARAMFORM with the value of 'NO' to your parameter list, so that the user doesn't see the parameter form of the report.
In case you need some help building or passing the parameter list, write me back, I'll be glad to help you.

Regards,
Maurício.

PS.: You could try inserting the value of the first parameter into a temporary table, within the validation trigger, and read it in the query for the second parameter LOV. Have just had this idea, have never tried...

In article <7qmp18$4t3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   tianh_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I create a LOV for a parmeter, and in this LOV, there is more than one
> column need to be selected in the LOV. As I Know, actually, only the
> first column contains the value to be assigned to the parameter.
>
> But If I need to use the Second Column to be as a parameter too, for
> example, I select two column which conbine as the primary key of a
> table, (in this way telling the user what ID exist in the DB, but this
> ID is combined by two column), then I need to use both of these column
> to be parameter when I create the query, how shall I refer to the
second
> column?
>
> BTW, it is not right to put this two columns seperately into two
> parameters, since in these way, the user does not know what
combination
> of two column(ID) exist in the DB.
>
> Appreciate.
>
> Helen
> Westat Corp.

Maurício B. Falleiros <mbf_at_uniconsult.com.br>
Uniconsult Sistemas e Serviços

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/