Re: Audit data from Forms only

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 17:24:57 +0800

Delphis Group Limited wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to write database triggers that only fire when an update,
> insert or delete has occurred from an Oracle Form. The underlying tables
> are also modified by batch processes, but I would not like to
> collect audit data when these dml occur.
> I know there is a variable somewhere I can use to implement this but
> have forgotten what it is. I would appreciate an answer if anyone has
> one.
>
> Delphis Group Limited

Have you forms set a package variable and then you this in the auditing triggers...

eg

create or replace package pkg_audit is

   do_audit boolean := false;
end;

(In your triggers)
if pkg_audit.do_audit then

    (do some auditing)
end if;

(In your form)
WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE
  pkg_audit.do_audit := true;

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."