Re: messages in f45

From: Stephen Edelstein <sedelstein_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 2 Sep 1999 17:05:03 -0500

In article <7q6c6k$1fq$1_at_nclient11-gui.server.virgin.net>, richard.morris_at_virgin.net says...
> I'm writing an app in f45 on a win95 platform.
>
> I've noticed that sometimes messages appear on the bottom bar, and sometimes
> in a window like an alert. This is not even slightly consistent (e.g. a
> particular message appears on the message bar, and another in a window).
> There must be a reason for this, and a way of achieving some consistency.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.
> Thanks,
> Richard
> Richard.Morris_at_Virgin.Net

Generally msgs appear in an alert box when the action you've requested will not allow the user to see the msg when the action completes. If you press exit and there are records to commit, for instance, the msg on the status line might not be as visible to the user as an alert. Forms, therefore, stops the exit, shows an alert box asking for a commit, then shows another with the results of the commit. Clicking on OK then exits from the form.

--
Stephen Edelstein
Relational Business Systems - Publishers of 'Learning Oracle'