HELP ORA-12704 character set mismatch error with OO4O or OLE-DB

From: Dave Stienessen <davids_at_xata.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:14:13 -0400

Hi
I'm attempting to write an app in MS VC++ to access an oracle db (which is actually running on my machine). I'm trying to experiment with OO4O and OLE-DB to determine which access technology we want to use (haven't tried ODBC yet).

I get connected to the database fine, but when I attempt to write a record I get ORA-12704 character set mismatch. I have received this error in both OLE db and OO4O. Can anyone help me with this???

I didn't mess with the default character set when oracle was installed -- what's my problem??

If possible can you cc my email at dave.stienessen_at_chartersolutions.com Thanks

Dave Stienessen Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 17:14:13 CEST

Original text of this message