Re: Search in FORMS5

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:26:42 +0800

Internet Anwender wrote:

> Is there a practical way to search for text (i.e. a stored procedure) in
> a FORMS5
> Programm? The built in search facility makes you hit enter after every
> Procedure/Trigger even if nothing is found and does not look in the
> 'sql' hidden in block or item properties.
> Creating a *.fmt file (so called 'text format') gives all pl/sql code in
> Hexadecimal format (I think).
> I am really amazed, that ORACLE can deliver a develpoment enviroment
> with such basic
> things missing !
>
> Thanks for your input
> - til

I just tried this and it seemed to supply what you are looking for: With the form loaded in the Navigator do File->Administration->Object List Report. This creates a file with the form name and a .txt extension. This seemed to have all the code in a readable form - triggers, block WHERE clause, program units, record groups.

HTH
Geoff

PS I tested this on NT. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 05:26:42 CEST

Original text of this message