Dev 2000 Server 2.1 installation problem

From: Sean Zhang <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 20:41:03 GMT

Hi, Everyone,

I just got a trial CD (NT) for "Oracle Developer version 2.1 & Server" and want to install Forms Server and test the WEB deployment of Forms apps( we already have Dev 2k Client/Server production deployment).

I looked through all the manuals:
"Get stared" -----has no reference for Dev 2K server , only for Dev 2K,
"Guide for Building applications"----Chapter 2 has something for
Configuration

                             of Forms Server, as far as I understood, Forms
server needs
                              an Oracle Application server installed first,
but no mention on
                              how and what Oracle application server is
needed.

Can anybody enlighten me on what is pre-requirement for installation and configuration of Forms Server? How hard is it to make the Dev 2K server work? A lot of thanks in advance.

Sean Zhang
mailto:sean_at_cnfei.com Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 22:41:03 CEST

Original text of this message