FRM-99999: Failed to connect to the Server: <name>:9000

From: Martin <someone_at_antispam.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:05:16 +0100

Hello,

"FRM-99999: Failed to connect to the Server: <name>:9000"

Does this error message sound familiar to someone out there ?

  • If yes, then you know what it is all about, and hopefully you have a solution for it. I would sincerely appreciate any kind of tip to get rid of that problem.
  • If not, let me tell you the whole story again (I posted this already before, but it looks like the title did not appeal anyone to read it...) :

We would like to access Oracle Forms (5.0) by Web, using the Developper 2000 Server on Windows NT.

This SOMETIMES... works fine... both with Oracle and Microsoft Web servers, BUT... from time to time, we just cannot access the forms, and get an error message in an Java applet window, saying :

"FRM-99999: Failed to connect to the Server: my_server:9000"

We would be very grateful if anyone could help us out,

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

PS: please answer on this NewsGroup only, not by e-mail (invalid address, for anti-spam reasons).
If needed, I will then contact you by e-mail. Thanks. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 16:05:16 CEST

Original text of this message