Re: writing logs in stored procedures

From: Rauno Seppanen <rauno.seppanen_at_icon.fi>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:08:00 GMT

>I am using Oracle 7.3.4 and Forms 4.5 and I want have a log file from the
>process of a stored procedure to the forms.
>I tried the dbms_output but I can get the result in the forms. I don't want
>use a table because if the process rollsback i don't see the log.
>I have tried the FILE_IO but, because i am using a unix server, the owner
of
>the file is the oracle7 and there is no routine to delete the file after i
get
>it.
>Does anyone have ideas.

One possible way is to call a script from the form by host command. This script then calls the procedure and spools dbms_outputs. Then you have to use host command again in the form to open the spool file with edit, notepad or some text editor.

Rauno Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 17:08:00 CEST

Original text of this message