Re: PL/SQL image

From: <Herman_Mantzke_at_dci-ltd.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:44:46 GMT

After discussions with several PL/SQL experts, I have decided that the solution would not be sufficient for the client. The solution is to use a third-generation language, like C, to handle the images larger than 32,760 (or all the images). But, this would mean that there would need to be a download and upload process to/from the database. I do not want to create another process, or execute OS commands. So, basically, we are keeping all the images under 32,760 bytes.

Herman, DCI

In article <7ph1j2$rkq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Herman_Mantzke_at_dci-ltd.com wrote:
> Condition:
> PL/SQL Version: 8.0.5
> Image: LONG RAW
>
> Problem: Is it possible to display a LONG RAW image over
> 32,760 bytes using PL/SQL and the htp package? It is
> possible within PL/SQL for images <= 32,760 using the
> UTL_RAW package, but how about the larger images?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 19:44:46 CEST

Original text of this message