pl/sql-select-context syntax

From: Chad Naeger <chad_at_naeger.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:50:55 -0500

I am running oracle 8.0 on NT. I also have "context" installled and working in SQL. Now my question, I am trying to write a procedure in PL/SQL that has a select statement as follows: Select xxx from yyyy where contains(col_name,'search_word'); I keep getting a error stating the "contains" identifier needs to declared. (error PLS-00201) Why is PL/SQL not recognizing the "contains" keyword? While in SQL I can do all the queries i want and have no problem with "contains" keyword. Anybody know the Syntax for using context in PL/SQL? Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 00:50:55 CEST

Original text of this message