Developer 1.3.2 and 2.1 in same PC Oracle Home?

From: Louise Weiler <ljweiler_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:39:43 -0400

[Quoted] We currently have a number of (in house) Oracle applications that were created in Developer 1.3.2 (32-bit version). All NEW applications have to be developed in Developer 2.1. We have installed Developer 2.1 "over" the [Quoted] top of Developer 1.3.2 (overwriting .DLL's where necessary) and it appears [Quoted] to be working (since February, 1999). Both environments are connecting to [Quoted] an Oracle 8.0.4 database. However, some of our sites are reluctant (at best) to attempt this because there is no documentation supporting this scenario.

Is there any documentation supporting this scenario anywhere? Is it a fluke [Quoted] that this is running on our PC network? Are we going to be hosed when we move to NT 4.0 for our development environment?

Two different Oracle Homes for different versions of Developer would get pretty messy pretty quick.
Thanks for any info.
Louise

--

  • Louise Louise J Weiler Ballston Lake, NY