Re: SQL*PLUS from text file?

From: Jack Anthony Richter <jack_richter_at_themutual.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:35:22 +0100

Mitch,
Not sure what you are looking for here...so here's some general stuff that might help:

If you can get your hands on the book Oracle:The complete reference' look up the options for the 'SET' command in sqlplus.

It could be your columns are not wide enough (COLUMN command)

    i.e. column my_name format a30 heading 'MY NAME'

There is a set command that controls the number of spaces between columns that you may want to look at.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'overlapping delimited fields'...maybe cut and past an example. Regards
Jack Richter