Progress DB vs Oracle? Comparisons if any?

From: Jason Hynes <Jason.A.Hynes.10_at_nd.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:46:30 -0500

[Quoted] How does Progress db compare (if at all) to Oracle RDBMS?
(www.progress.com)

Does any of the Oracle DBA's out there have any exp working on a Progress database.

What is the performance like, OLTP, down-time, difficulty administering
[Quoted] (I know Oracle well, what can I expect wrt a learning curve???..)

Comments would be appreciated on performance, who's using it (in the industry). Also, Is it a contender for mid-tier DBMS.

Career wise? Thanks in advance for reply.

Signed,

Oracle DBA looking into progress.
(cc. jhynes_at_nd.edu)