Re: Problem using bulk insert in OCI

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:38:24 -0400

Hi Jorge,

    If you are not changing the table definitions, or the input data files between runs all that is left is hardware or system software that is generating extraneous characters.

    Run your diagnostics and be sure to run any RAM diagnostics you have since Oracle tends to be very demanding on RAM (as well as disks). Also, if the input data is going across a network to your server you should also look at the network traffic at a byte level.

Regards
Jerry Gitomer

Jorge Silva wrote in message <37c50cdf_at_readers.ip.pt>...

>Hi all,
>
>I am trying to insert data into a table using bulk insert, and I
am
>receiving the following error:
>
> ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for
this column

>The table has 110 columns and I get the error when I increase
either the
>number of rows being inserted or the number of columns. No
matter the data