Problem using bulk insert in OCI

From: Jorge Silva <Jorge.Silva_at_cp.siemens.pt>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:48:52 +0100

[Quoted] Hi all,

I am trying to insert data into a table using bulk insert, and I am [Quoted] receiving the following error:

    ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column

[Quoted] The table has 110 columns and I get the error when I increase either the [Quoted] [Quoted] number of rows being inserted or the number of columns. No matter the data being inserted.

When I retry to insert the same data once again, immediatly after the failed [Quoted] insert, it inserts the data correctly with no error.

For instance, I try to execute a bulk insert with 110 columns and 100 rows. [Quoted] When I get the error I execute the insert one more time not changing any [Quoted] values in the arrays and the insert runs successfully.

I am using Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 on Windows NT.

Has anyone had this problem?
Anyone has any idea that can help me?

Jorge Silva Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 11:48:52 CEST

Original text of this message