Developer 6.0 question

From: Lev Munits <lev.munits_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:24:36 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] When installing upgrade for Business Intelligence Tools for Win NT, I experienced the following problem: when loading Oracle Reports 6.0 CD the following message was displayed:
"Oracle has detected a release 8.0.4.2.8 database in the Oracle home in which you are installing. If you proceed with installation, Required Support [Quoted] Files 8.0.5.1.0 will be installed over Required Support Files 8.0.4.2.8 and [Quoted] break your existing database. If you wish to keep a database intact, we recommend installing into a new Oracle home."

Does anyone know if Developer 6.0 and Oracle 8.0.4.2.8 can co-exist in the same Oracle_Home directory? If not, can the database be migrated to 8.0.5.1.0 release? Or, do I really need a separate home for Developer 6.0?

Thanks, Lev Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 05:24:36 CEST

Original text of this message