Re: Java stored procedures questions

From: <kimmel888_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:38:56 GMT

In article <7q1qlb$i46$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kimmel888_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> This question is regarding passing back an object
> other than a cursor. Is it possible to pass back
> a Array of some type to a java program? What
> actually needs to be done, is retrieve multiple
> pieces of data from multiple tables which are
> then added together to return a result set of
> dynamic size. So if I were to request the number
> (10) in my procedure, I would return an array of
> 10 values, which I can then parse through on the
> client side. Can this be done? If anyone has
> any information on this I would greatly
> appreciate it! Thankyou

basically the same question as above. Would this be the best way to do it, or is it easier to return one result at a time? Would a Varray be the best object to use? I am unsure o fthis, and how to get that object in java. This stored procedure may at times return 1 value and as many as 100 at a time. I am looking for the quickest way possible. Our oracle dba doesnt seem to know much about this situation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 00:38:56 CEST

Original text of this message