Re: Reverse Engineering

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:28:31 GMT

We used ERWin at my last job, against an Oracle database. We were pretty happy with it, although the DBA already had experience with the tool.

Our experience as newcomers with reverse engineering in Designer/2000 were very frustrating...our other DBA said that it is a difficult tool to use for the first time. Also, she found "known bugs" in the "generate" side of the tool.

Either way, once the base data is in the model, you will still have a big job organizing the model into a "pretty" and understandable picture...

Robert Proffitt
(formerly) Boeing
RTProffitt AT beckman DOT com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 18:28:31 CEST

Original text of this message