Cannot schedule a job

From: Ermina Chatzipavli <echatzip_at_filmnet.gr>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:37:57 +0300

Hi everybody,

I really need your help here.

I am working on Oracle 8 under NT but Net8 Easy Config and Net8 Assistant never worked so I have to do all the configuration manually. Connection between clients and my Oracle server is working properly, but I cannot schedule a job (via Enterprise Manager) because the "Available Destinations" Box is empty. That means, that I have to define a Node which will contain my database.

How can I create nodes mannually? Is it necessary? Do I have to define AGENT_name.domain in the tnsnames.ora as well?

(Remember Network Manager doesn't work - NT become real slow when trying to load it and most of the times need reboot).

OracleAgent is running properly as well as Listener.

Thanks in advance,

Ermina Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 12:37:57 CEST

Original text of this message