Re: Create database link problem

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:02:57 +0800

TurkBear wrote:

> Hi,
> I must be missing something:
>
> I create a database link ( say create database link foo connect to username
> identified by userpass using 'fooalias' ) - fooalias is an entry in my
> tnsnames.ora file and it works with a connect statement ( like connect
> username_at_fooalias) and it also works fine with all my tools and apps, however
> when try something like
> select field1 from remotetable_at_foo
> I get a TNS error, 'cannot resolve service name' ---
>
> The username has Create Session rights on the remote DB...what am I missing ?
>
> Thanks,
> John Greco
> MnDOT HR Office

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
[Quoted] > ------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

it has to be in your tnsnames on the server not on the client, if thats of any use

Cheers

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."