setting query parameters for blocks at runtime

From: Greg James <g.c.james_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:18:31 -0600

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have seen examples of setting query parameters for a block at runtime by creating a string e.g., '# in (123, 124, 125) and then copying the string to a text item in the block's pre-query trigger. If the string is copied to the record_id text item, i assume that the string functions as a where clause, returning only records with record_id = 123, 124, and 125 when the base table is queried.

Is it possible to narrow the query further by creating additional strings  like the one mentioned above ) for other text items? For example could you copy the string '# in (jones, smith, doe)' to the customer_name text item and return records only were the record_id is 123, 124, 125 and the customer_name is jones, smith, doe?

I have tried this, unsuccessfully so far, but thought that I might be syntaxing it wrong.

Any advice is appreciated. Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 16:18:31 CEST

Original text of this message