Palm/CE and Oracle Lite

From: Olivier Davant <davant_at_homsys.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:19:30 +0100

I am currently testing Oracle Lite on Windows CE and Palm Pilot. I found it very buggy and almost impossible to get it works. Using Lite required such giant (bêta) applications that even a walkthrough can't work on every configuration. I've recently given up using Oracle8i Server, downloaded a 128 Mo patch for OEM8.0.5,re-installed NT to SP3...
It's like I would never succeed !

I work on NT4 SP3 (before : SP4 and SP5) with a P3 450 Mhz with 128 Mo RAM.
I thought that it was enough to test 8i Server but no : Oracle 8i Server 8.1.5 and Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 are Monster applications (almost 1.5 Go on hard drive, very slow for everything, impossible to have more than one database because of insufficient RAM...).

Have someone managed to test the new features of Oracle Lite ? Mobile Agent, AQ Lite, HTTP or Wireless replication ?

Does anyone has succesfully tested lite on palm/ce ? I would like to exchange ideas on it...

I had a look on the newsgroup but it's like I am alone in the world...

Any commentaries/answers/success stories would be greatly appreciated !!!! Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 13:19:30 CEST

Original text of this message