Re: ora-00932 inconsistent datatypes

From: Chris G. <mangi1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:59:48 GMT

LONG RAW can give you problems. We try to update a column "Notes" type LONG and we can do it once but not append to it after that. We will make plans to change the datatype to CLOB for the next release of our s/w. Just as well as Oracle is phasing out its support of LONG and LONG RAW datatypes.

These data types can be funky! Do you need Orange to be of datatype LONG RAW?? Chris G