export volume size prompt

From: Kevin F McDade <kevin_at_twombley.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:19:45 GMT

Here is a question.
When exporting from Oracle 7.3 to tape on SVR4, and using a parfile to list the tables to be exported, Oracle sits displaying the following prompt Volume Size <RET> for none.
I always just hit enter at this point, and off it goes. The problem is that this makes unattended backups impossible. I am aware that I can include something in my parfile to work around this, but the only mention of the Volume Size in my manuals is to say that this is a feature of Unix, and offers no further help. Any comments would be gratefully thought about.

Kevin F Received on Sat Aug 21 1999 - 20:19:45 CEST

Original text of this message