Re: Protocol Violation

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:13:02 -0700

Hi Tom,
  Just to have a little fun with you, it means your database code failed at some point.;-)

  On a more serious note, in the catch (SQLException e) {...}, put an e.printStackTrace() to determine at which line your code puked. Also put System.out.println(e.getMessage()) to see if Oracle will kick anything more useful.

You don't mention what driver you are using, or what version of the database you are trying to access, but make sure that those 2 are compatible.

You can also get the oracle error code by e.getErrorCode(), but e.getMessage() is usually pretty adequate.

Hope some of this helps!
cindy