Re: creating views with mulitple tables

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 01:44:01 GMT

You can now update to any number of tables in a view. You will need Oracle 8 and you will need to write instead of triggers on the view.
Check out the documentation to see how to do this.

Also, updatable views are very useful. However, only one of the tables can be updated in any one view.

Sybrand, I don't think you needed to be quite that hard on Kenny. It takes a while for people to get the hang of list etiquette.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

P.S.
If you would like to talk to Dulcian about a salaried position on our team,
please call me.
We have openings in NJ for developers, in CA for PERL developers.