Re: Reading serial port from within Forms5

From: Thomas Lutz <tom_at_taltech.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:04:13 GMT

The company that I work for sells a serial communications program called the Software Wedge that you may find to be a good tool for adding serial communications capabilities to your application. The Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass serial data back and forth to other programs using either DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) or by converting incoming serial data to keystrokes (i.e. it stuffs the keyboard buffer with the incoming serial data). The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information. The Wedge is ideal for interfacing a balance to any program running under Windows.