connecting 2 remote databases using analog modem

From: Shawn Tee <ystee_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:07:12 +0800

I need some advice on how to connect 2 oracle 8.0.5 database instances using RAS(Remote Access Service) on windows NT. Reason for doing this is that I need to post some data from one server to the other at the end of the day. The 2 servers will be located at different location connected by analog phone line. Currently, I'm able to browse the entire network neighbourhood but I'm not able to ping the RAS server. I'm trying to establish the connection using sql net. The error msg I received is "TNS could not connect to destination". Is the concept which I used correct? The configuration works if I run the 2 servers on the same physical LAN.

thanks
Shawn Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 11:07:12 CEST

Original text of this message